You can now extend the native functionality of WooCommerce for variable product with swatches. Since WooCommerce only provides classic dropdown select boxes for variations, extending the functionality requires a plugin. "Woocommerce Color or Image Variation Swatches" does a good job and it's included with the theme.
How to install the plugin?
Go to Appearance > Install Plugins to install and activate the plugin.
How to create swatches?
Follow the plugins documentation:
- How to use Global Attribute Color or Image Variation Swatches
- How to enable color/image swatches globally?
- How to use Woocommerce Color or Image Swatches plugin?
- How to display one attribute swatches on shop/category pages?
- How to change swatch size on shop/category pages?
- Video tutorials – WooCommerce color or image variation swatches
- WooSwatches with WPML
How to update the plugin?
Since this is a premium plugin that comes free with the theme, we'll make sure to always include the latest version with theme updates. Whenever a new update is available, a notification will be displayed in your administration dashboard.
To check for updates, you can always go back to Appearance > Install Plugins.